Monday, November 24, 2014

Mildred's Temple Kitchen

The two words Sunday and Brunch go together like Sunday Brunch.
Aka perfectly.


After hearing raving reviews of Mildred's Temple Kitchen, I decided to finally venture out to Liberty Village to see what the fuss was about.



Arriving at 1:40pm, I was hoping that the wait would be minimal as brunch ends at 3pm on Sundays.
Unfortunately, we still had to wait for 45 minutes. However, as there were many places to explore in the area, the wait did not seem too dreadful.



Walking in, the design of Mildred's was really cute but all I could smell was caramelized onions and coffee. An odd combination, but enough to make my mouth water.



We sat down in one of their side booths, and quickly decided what we wanted to order.



I ordered Veda's Choice.
Mildred's classic poached eggs on a flakey croissant with smoked salmon (or you can get rosemary bacon), topped with Béarnaise sauce and served with mixed greens

J ordered the Big Brunch Skillet.
Pulled pork, roasted onions, black beans, and potato hash with sunny eggs and piri piri salsa

And of course, we could not come to Mildred's without getting Mrs. Biederhof's Legendary Light & Fluffy Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes!


Look at that brunch spread!



I have to say... I am very glad that I finally tried Mildred's. Everything was absolutely delicious. My concoction was just amazing. My favorite part was poking the poached eggs and watching it spill out.

 The smoked salmon was really fresh and the croissant was indeed flakey and baked perfection.

J's skillet was just the perfect combination of those ingredients and super filling. She could only finish half of it!! I had a taste of the pulled pork and the seasoning was (y).

As for the pancakes, I have nothing bad to say about it except we did not get enough blueberry sauce! It was very fluffy, but not at all light. We were SO full after. Our stomachs were very happy, to say the least.



Thanks for a great (late) start to my day! I can't wait for my next brunch adventure.

Mildred's Temple Kitchen on Urbanspoon
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig