Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Millie Creperie



I never understood why everyone was raving about these crepe cakes until I had one.



Millie Creperie is a little dessert shop tucked inside the Kensington area. There are a couple tables inside but a majority of their desserts can be easily taken to go, such as the below:



Besides the above delicious sounding things you can order, you can also just get scoops of gelato.




I originally only wanted to get the ice cream crepe cone thing but then we saw that there was 1 last slice of the green tea cake. It was meant to be right?! 


And yes it was. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this! You can definitely taste all the layers of the cake, so the texture was very interesting. It wasn't fluffy like normal cakes because inbetween each crepe is a layer of cream. The only thing that threw me off was the matcha powder at the top. Sometimes there would be a tad too much and it'd get stuck in my throat lol! I don't know how else to explain it but if you've tried this, I'm sure you will get me haha.


This is what I originally wanted to get: the Japanese Special. This was a crepe filled with green tea gelato, matcha sauce, strawberries, azuki paste, and whipped cream. Oh my, it was sooo good. I don't even like bean paste, but it worked really well with the gelato and strawberries. (We took out all the whipped cream though hehe).


Both items we tried were SO good.
But for $17, that's a hefty price tag for a dessert.
Are these desserts worth it though? Yes.

Click to add a blog post for Millie Creperie on Zomato
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig