Thursday, January 05, 2017

Comfort Zones

"Do one thing a day that scares you,"

has been one of my favourite quotes. I have been attempting to live that quote out on a daily basis for the past couple of years, especially when I set out on this blogging venture. I mean, this blogging thing in itself has always been something that scared me.


If you told me 2 years ago that I would go out alone to events to converse and dine with strangers,
I would not believe you.

After mustering up all the courage I had (which wasn't a lot tbh),
& pushing myself out of my comfort zone,
I can now say goodbye to the timid, shy girl who was unable to speak up for herself!

It is actually kind of crazy to think back to how different life would have been if I never forced myself to attend that first media event. I definitely would not be where I am now!

Where the magic happens, outside your comfort zone

Sure, it is easy to stay comfortable and avoid things that scare you, but how boring would that be?!
To face your fears and do something you aren't comfortable with - is it scary? Hell yes.

You've heard that life happens outside your comfort zone. But, you need to "decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it."
The first step is always the hardest. But once you gain momentum, it gets easier.
It becomes 'normal' to be scared.

'Cause I mean, "if you're not scared, then you're not taking a chance. And if you're not taking a chance, then what the hell are you doing anyway?"

So, get the heck out of your comfort zone.

Do something that scares you.

Go ahead, take a chance.


It'll be worth it.

xx
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig